Home Page Home Page  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Armor Party???
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

It seems like we have a number of us that are ready or close to ready to start build stormtrooper armor. I think maybe we should take an informal poll of who is ready or close to ready and get a head count. That way we can coordinate with those that are experienced on a time and location that could work for all and have a big armor party. So if you are wanting to build your armor check in here and be heard. If you have a place that would be suitable for a party, please speak up. If you want to assist and make sure that we don't screw anything up, holler at us. Lets get this rolling what do you say? Have some fun together on a weekend or evening?

Post subject: Re: Armor Party???
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

I am willing to help out, I can bring my armor and show how it's put together. As long as the armor party isn't on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday night, I should be able to attend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot Master

You may want to check with the garrison hard armorer to see if he ("Bacon" on the boards) has anything in the making.

I have held several parties at my place and don't mind hosting again. Saturdays are probably the best.

Jimbo
TI 7343

"Shields? We don't need no stinkin' shields!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper 1st Class

I am willing to help out too.
I can bring my armor and show how it's put together. It's one of the few AP kits in the garrison.
I have a fairly busy schedule right now but if we plan it out, I should be able to make some time.

Seth "TK-8044"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Master

DEEJAY (Sione) has been getting his garage together for just such an occasion. The place is in Centerville, it's plenty big enough and it has plenty of parking.

I'll be going over there probably tomorrow to make sure everything will work. If everything checks out there shouldn't be a problem putting an armor party together soon.

ImageImage

Last edited by Splattum on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 am 
Imperial Recruit

Saturdays are good for me. I'm completely down for going to a party and learning

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

I will wait to hear from Splattum. I would guess that a Saturday would probably be the best, but it all depends on who is hosting. Also I would like to reach out to the guy that is getting 3 kits sometime soon. That would increase the amount of people getting stuff worked on. That would be ideal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:32 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Master

Yes, an armor party kind of loses it's purpose if nobody has anything to work on. Finished armor is great to look at for a reference but it's so much better if you have armor to compare it to as there are differences between kits. When people have their armor in hand and ready to work on we'll contact the hard armorer and see if he has anything going on.

I'm hoping to hit DEEJAY's place tonight and get his thoughts on an armor party there. He doesn't have his own to work on yet but he can get tips on his own stuff while he's meeting some of the folks. ;)

EDIT: I spoke with DEEJAY and he's fine with hosting one, he just needs to have a little notice as he may have to arrange his work schedule. His days off are Fridays so he's good any time on that day. Saturdays will require a little finessing of his schedule - another reason he'll need a heads up. When you're ready let us know and we'll make it happen. :D

ImageImage

Last edited by Splattum on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

Heh... I'm the " guy with three suits on the way" an armor party would be great! I still do not have my kit and dont expect it till late Oct - early Nov. But if we have it before then that's fine.. I'd still show up to learn/ show support. Weekends/ evenings after 6 are good for me. My brother van join as well assuming its not a drill weekend..

- Horrendous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:41 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper 1st Class

Who is the maker of your Armor

These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

T/MC is my understanding. Bought from a guy on whitearmor named tray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 am 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

Hey horrendous nice to meet you. I don't want to have the armor party scheduled until you get your stuff. That way we will have at least 4 people with stuff to work on. Maybe more. So when you get your stuff just let us know on this thread and we will get the ball rolling. It should be fun. I have never done one, but I figured I would at least get the conversation rolling so we could get something going.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper 2nd Class

I got an email today from Mr. ATA that my kit is next. It should be shipped within the week. Being on the waiting list for armor since the first week of June, I was hoping to get this done before Halloween, but I think that's going to be a long shot :(

Having never done this before, I would love to attend an armor party to get some extra input and help (especially with properly bending the belt and knee ammo pack). I already have elastic for strapping as well as 45-50 completed nylon snap plates. My lid is already completed as well. I agree with Saturdays being the best, but that doesn't mean I can't make weekday evenings work :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:49 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper 1st Class

You will like your ATA armor from Terrell, if anybody was to get TK armor I would suggest him.
There is a lot of info on white armor.net on how to build a ATA armor kit.

These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:19 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

I'm happy to help out if possible, just keep me posted on the date and time of the party.

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]