Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Darth Malgus WIP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-ST Driver 2nd Class

Intro
Alright, I am finally kicking off this build. I know its going to be a long road ahead but I am prepared and ready for it. In the next six months I aim to complete this build and will also be going to the gym to reduce my size to be a more presentable and menacing sith. It is my intention to use this WIP thread as both a blog to update on the costume build as well as an accountability area for my weight/body fat loss.

Current Status and Measurable Goals
To kick it all off, I just acquired a 1:6 scale Sideshow collectables Darth Malgus figure that I will use both as motivation as well as a resource to look to for the various portions of the costume to make sure I am building it as accurately as possible. I have also, through my research, found the boots and gloves I will need and have also decided on the Saberforge Juggernaut Lightsaber priced at $420. The lightsaber is visually close to the saber used by Malgus, but I also chose Saberforge for the various sound fonts and vibration effects they place into the hilt itself.

As to the armor, I am currently in contact with WickedArmor, which are among the only vendors that produce the needed armor and cloak for this build. They quoted me $1900 for that portion of the costume as they will size the costume to fit my body better which leads me to my next item.

My goal at this point is to get down to a 38" waist with similar body fat loss everywhere else by late January to mid February so I can then comfortably order the custom fit pieces of armor. I will be going to the Lehi Recreation center 5 days a week, switching between cardio and weights as I can and also cutting back on sugar as much as possible.

So there it is! I will continue to post, at least once per week if I can to report on my progress and the build itself. Here it goes!

mikkonator likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: Darth Malgus WIP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 pm 
Garrison Merchandise Officer
Sith Lord Apprentice

Have you checked out Julian Checkley's build in Ireland. Absolutely the most ridiculously awesome Malgus ever.

Alpine/SLD MBO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 1st Class

I am beyond excited for this!!! This will pair perfectly with my Acolyte! Can't wait to see your progress!

Kriegsmarine likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:41 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-ST Driver 2nd Class

mikkonator wrote:
Have you checked out Julian Checkley's build in Ireland. Absolutely the most ridiculously awesome Malgus ever.

I have seen that yeah, I'm going to have to reach out and get some pointers from him!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver