View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Buying Imperial Officer Uniform
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:12 am 
Imperial Recruit

I've wanted to join the 501st for some time now, but the high cost of Stormtrooper armor has slowed that process. So I've decided that going with an officers uniform would be a more affordable option. I've been looking around for some place to buy a uniform, as any attempt from me to make my own would only end in tragedy, frustration, and a sewing machine being thrown out the window followed by me burning down our craft room

I'd love to go with Anovos, but it seems that they currently have no plans to release another officers uniform in the near future, unless I want to be Krennic. Another option that I'm most curious about is Kylie's Custom Clothing. She has a uniform for sale for $325; including hat, tunic, pants, and belt. The price is one I'm comfortable with (even the $500 price tag from Anovos seems reasonable), but I'm curious if anyone can speak to the quality of her work?

http://www.khloescustomclothing.com/epf ... er-uniform

I'm hesitant to go with CosplaySky, and the supposedly 501st approved uniform from Magnoli Clothiers is over $700, so Khloe seems a good option.

Post subject: Re: Buying Imperial Officer Uniform
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 am 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Biker Scout Master

Good morning.

When it comes to officers, be sure to also post your thoughts up on the IOC forums(http://www.imperialofficer.com/) and get their thoughts or experience.

We've actually approved several cosplaysky (except for the hats), but with them it's better to spend the little more to get custom fit.

I've never heard of khloe's custom, and at least from the pics, i'm not 100% enthusiastic. But again, IOC would be a good resource to consult.

The hat on the mannequin seems.. off. Can't quite put my finger on it.
The pics don't show the suiting material or the hat material very well, which if not done right, would not be approvable.

I'd be curious to see what IOC says (copy your link to your build thread from there and i can keep watch. )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:52 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Crew 3rd Class

I second searching on IOC. The search bar will be your friend, as their forum isn't always the most organized.

I just bought my bridge crew flight suit from cosplaysky, and I'm happy with it. I bought the hat and belt from wampa wear, and those are outstanding.

My understanding on cosplaysky for officers, is buy the deluxe uniform (pay the $20 for the custom size), and then buy the hat and belt elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Biker Scout Master

Update.

As i said post to IOC and see if you get more info there,

However our review team here as well as a few other GML's have looked it over. The hats and tunics in the pictures posted do not appear to be a very great quality from what we can see. Of course, their delivery can be different, but just going off pics, you may get it and it may not be passable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:30 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Officer 3rd Class

Hey,

Looking at Khloe's uniform I would be very skeptical about getting one. Unless someone on IOC has gotten one approved.

To be honest, I would suggest going with Cosplaysky "Deluxe" costume, $80 - $120. I personally have one and the quality is good enough. You can always upgrade to Anovos later.

TK ANH Stunt http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37328-kaars-journey-to-the-501st-ap-anh-tk-stunt/#entry495322

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]