1, 2
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Stormtrooper Officer (Duty Uniform) Help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:19 am 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

Hey everyone,

I am thinking of doing an alternate costume. A Stormtrooper Officer's Duty Uniform. Does anyone know of any good vendors (besides Anovos) where I can get the Cap, Tunic, Trousers, Belt, Gloves, Boots, Rank insignia and Code cylinders? It is basically a black Imperial officer's uniform with a Commander's rank.

Closest thing I could find in the CRL's

From the Imperial Handbook page 106.

Kaar's journey to the 501st AP ANH Stunt build
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37328-kaars-journey-to-the-501st-ap-anh-tk-stunt/#entry495322

Post subject: Re: Stormtrooper Officer (Duty Uniform) Help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:42 am 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Stormtrooper 2nd Class

If you can sew, that will make this a much more affordable endeavor for you. The information for this build is covered exhaustively at the IOC forums.

A couple things you mentioned:
-Gloves are optional for this build. (No pressure on finding those to gain approval.)
-Approvable riding boots are quite tough to find, even more so if you have larger feet. (IOC may have some modern suggestions on these. But I would prioritize the boots to "check off" my build first.)
-Finally, not to burst your inspirational bubble: Although you have shown a very clear photo of a "Line Officer" with that 2 row rank plaque, it is not considered "Screen-Accurate" by the current CRL standards. However, the wording appears to be intentionally ambiguous for the basic approval section. (Double rank bars aren't mentioned until "Level 2" clearance).

Go for it, I don't think we have enough officers. Someone has to be there to keep our troops in line!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:14 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot 2nd Class

I am also researching a Officer Costume. The IOC is the place to go, they have resources on everything.

One thing i'd recommend is don't go the cheap route with your boots. I've done it multiple times and I wish I hadn't. Hessen Antique does boots and you can get them custom made if needed. A bit on the pricey side but they're good boots that will serve you for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:40 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-AT Driver Enlistee

I'm thinking of a officer as well for the future, good to have a dress uniform for official garrison functions :wink:

I'm more in line for the olive green so I can use it as a base for a AT-AT commander build.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:18 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Apprentice

To be perfectly honest I sew and it was actually cheaper for me to go through cosplaysky.com than to make it since you should always factor in messing stuff up. Don't get anything from them besides the uniform like the belt and hat, they are not the best.

Hats you can usually find for around $40 to $50 on the boards, there are also patterns to be found if you sew.

There is an Italian guy on the ioc boards that does the code cylinders and belt boxes for a decent price and they look amazing.

To echo others, do NOT cheap out on the boots, get something that will last and feel nice to be in for awhile; I broke mine in during the Freedom Festival Parade and I'm glad I spent the extra money.
redblurr wrote:
I'm thinking of a officer as well for the future, good to have a dress uniform for official garrison functions :wink:

I'm more in line for the olive green so I can use it as a base for a AT-AT commander build.

If you go through cosplaysky.com make sure you have them send some extra fabric so you can get the hat made with the same material vs going through the headache of matching it. That's, of course, if you want the hat.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:40 pm 
Garrison Academy Instructor
TIE Pilot Master

Cosplsysky fot the uniform. The cap wampawear.com
Code cylinders and rank bar and belt on the IOC boards

With guns this big who needs to aim
ID-TB-TI-IN-IG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Planning on doing this as well, I looked at cosplaysky and the prices are actually not bad at all. Thanks for the suggestion! I look forward to being an officer with you guys and OP. :o

Edit: I already have the boots because I ride English, so that's convenient. But I think they are rubber, will that be acceptable?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:21 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

Ya, rubber ridding boots are acceptable for basic approval. Provided that they do not have a zipper up the back or stretch panels. If you post a picture I can tell you if they will work.

I got my costume from cosplaysky. I think they just started another sale. Do you have any questions on the costume?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37328-kaars-journey-to-the-501st-ap-anh-tk-stunt/#entry495322

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:40 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Actually yeah, I need to figure out a good place to get the code tube things, and accessories. I'm definitely going to pickup the uniform from Cosplaysky when I get some extra money. Also is the double bar lieutenant still accetable? two on top two on bottom. That's what I was planning on doing but I know the very old one is a straight four blue bar. Also I will get back to you on that picture later today for sure.

Edit: these were the ones I was planning on getting and now that they are on sale I may just grab them now lol.
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperia ... n-new.html <- Uniform
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperia ... p-hat.html <- hat
Are these okay by the general standard? Or is there another one that would be better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:19 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

DON'T BUY THE HAT. It is not approved.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 pm 
Imperial Recruit

D: okay! lol which hat is?

Edit:
also is this belt okay?
http://cosplaysky.com/naruto-hidan-pvc- ... -4683.html <---le belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:56 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

The only thing that cosplaysky sales that is approved is the Deluxe uniform (black).

The hat and belt can be bought from wampa wear. The rank bar can be bought from Tigwolf creations as well as belts. Both have facebook pages. The hats are around $70, the belts are $50 and the rank bars are $10 for the Plexiglas, $20 for the new push button ones.

https://www.facebook.com/www.wampawear/

https://www.facebook.com/TiggwolfCreations/

You can make the hat yourself. Just ask cosplaysky for extra material when you order the costume. There is a pattern on the IOC boards. Somewhere. I suck at sewing so I bought one.

You can make code cylinders out of chalk holders. I ordered mine from Walmart because no one carries them were I live. I got two for like six bucks, free shipping. Here is the .doc file on how to make them.

http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1812-strongbows-code-cylinder-tutoral/#comment-19456

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:59 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Thanks so much~! I'll look into getting all this asap, I assume the hat is required? I can sew but I'm a novice so I'd prefer to buy one that looks professional.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

Yes.

Unless you are emulating a specific character that is shown without a hat. Like Governor Tarkin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Okay! thanks for all your help I'm super excited to get all this done and join in events with a uniform! :D

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]