Home Page Home Page  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Darth Angelo's MAUL Build WIP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:12 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

Figured that it was time to post up a few of the progress shots of what's been happening here after the Fett shipped off Down Under....

I was fortunate enough to actually fit (and quite well, actually) the robes that JediJeffrey had had on his Darth Maul mannequin. After trying the robes on, I purchased them to begin the build. There are a few alterations (belt, obviously and the arrangement of the robes) that needed to be made so please, don't knock the initial try-on pics that I included here. The other pics are materials and parts that have arrived thus far. The pic of the Light Saber is a pic of the kit that I have on order. I'm hoping to have the alterations to the robes and the loin cloth finished by the end of the week. The boots should arrive shortly. I keep going back and forth about having the belt made from the side of leather that I bought or just making it myself. The airbrush (for applying the face make-up) and the Light Saber kit should arrive hopefully by the end of next week. Then I'll be sending the Light Saber off for the sound and light install and completion. With any luck by the time it is returned I'll have templates completed for the face/head make-up, the horns will be finished and I'll have learned how to put contacts in and out. Then it will be time to do the costume test, get pics and submit those for approval. Mid-to-late March? :)

BrianTheSith likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: Darth Angelo's MAUL Build WIP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:19 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Apprentice

Maul and Vader are my two sons favorites. I think I may have to attend an event with you while I am out of costume so I can drag them along!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:26 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

You've taught them well.

Sounds like fun! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Looks awesome so far to me!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:13 am 
Inactive Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Commander Enlistee

if you haven't seen this video, you should. Its Shawn (darthmaul) in our garrison putting on the makeup. It shows how he uses the templates and everything. check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HuNaXmVksM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:46 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

Thanks Order 66! I have seen a few stills from that, but not the vid. Much appreciated!

Boots arrived from England (wow) and they fit perfectly! Airbrush also arrived yesterday. Lightsaber hilt is en route. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:43 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

I've found what I believe to be some major issues with the robes that I purchased.
I'm not sure that it is re-workable at this point. Feeling a bit frustrated about it.
I'm doing research on what I can and can't do to potentially solve the problems and save the build.

I don't want to spend the $ to start over with the robes, not after making the original investment. I may have to write this one off as a damned expensive mistake, call it a cosplay and abandon the build altogether. Hoping that that doesn't turn out to be the case.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:25 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Denizen 2nd Class

I hope it works out, it is/was looking awesome.

x.little sith.x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:43 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Good luck :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:00 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

Thanks!

All is not lost.

I did a lot of research and comparing things last night and this morning (sleep ...who needs that?) Getting together with my Sew Master today. Hopefully, he'll be able to confirm my theories in regards to what can and cannot be made to work.

I believe that the main robe will be re-workable. :D That was the one I was worried about.
The base tunic needs some things taken away and then added back in. That said, replacing the base tunic will probably be quicker and end with a better result overall. That's doable.
The hooded robe was already planned to be completely replaced as the materials used were incorrect.

Everything said and done, I may have to push the anticipated completion date back to late April or May, but that's far better than having to scrap the build altogether. Whew!

I will update the build progression chart as soon as I know what steps need to be taken to achieve the end goal.

redblurr likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:59 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

Everything is back into full swing with this build. :D

I'm going to have to have another Base Tunic made as the one I picked up does not meet CRL specs and it will be easier to construct a new one than to try and modify the existing one. The Sith Robe needs a handful of mods before it will meet CRL standards, but it is workable. The Hooded Robe will be completely remade as well (this was known from the beginning) due to the one that came with the set was made with the wrong fabric. Fabrics have been selected for both the Tunic (linen) and the Hooded Robe (Linen and Wool) and it looks to be available locally. Once I have located/made patterns for both pieces and know what amounts I'll need, I will purchase the needed fabrics. Feeling excited again!

Picked up the Pro Face Cast Kit today from Special Effects Supply in North Salt Lake today, and the adhesive for the horns arrived a few days back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:40 pm 
Beggars Canyon Squad Leader
Bounty Hunter Apprentice

Sad to see the Fett go...

Welp, I'm looking forward to seeing you complete this one. Looks like you are almost there! Keep it up :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

I'm a little sad too, but watching it sit on the shelf waiting for me to get the time to finish it may have been enough to tip the balance towards madness... :fuming:

The Maul build, even with a nicely kitted out double-bladed lightsaber cost me 1/3 of what the Fett did.... Wow. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:29 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

My Double Bladed Lightsaber Kit form Korbanth arrived in the mail this afternoon. :D Sound boards have been here for a while. Now I'm just waiting on the crystal Pummels/Coupler to arrive and I can ship it all out to my Sabersmith for light and sound installation. I will order blades and blade plugs about that same time. When all that returns, the Lightsaber will be complete.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:50 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Darth Angelo wrote:
My Double Bladed Lightsaber Kit form Korbanth arrived in the mail this afternoon. :D Sound boards have been here for a while. Now I'm just waiting on the crystal Pummels/Coupler to arrive and I can ship it all out to my Sabersmith for light and sound installation. I will order blades and blade plugs about that same time. When all that returns, the Lightsaber will be complete.

Awesome!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]